Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Boosts the team's technical competence and output, grows the organization and its individuals, and builds the Blue Yonder technology brand, in particular:
- Inspires fellow engineers to become better at their craft and gives practical advice on writing cleaner code and effective tests.
- Drives architecture and designs to become simpler, more robust, and more efficient.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply domain concepts into the solutions and product areas
- Demonstrates good understanding of the product and its architecture
- Is hands on with design, coding and development as well
- Is able to independently own the direction of the technical architecture of a large solution and can collaborate, take input as well as convince stakeholders on its merits
- Grows and mentors associates in early and advanced stages of their career and instills confidence in them to tackle hard problems, knowing they can rely on support and guidance.
- Evolves the hiring culture in the team, identifies skill gaps, actively shapes job openings, and helps select winners and bar raisers to join the team to be well-prepared for current and upcoming industry developments.
- Confidently represents product and portfolio, including vision and functional and technical roadmaps, within the company and, when necessary, to strategic customers.
- Builds the Blue Yonder technology brand by actively sharing knowledge in their field of expertise, e.g., by contributing to open source software projects, publishing articles, offering training sessions, holding conference presentations, contributing to industry standards, applying for patents, etc.
- Continuously extends their technological knowledge, even outside their domain of expertise, and critically assesses the impact on the company.
Additions for service-delivering teams
- Drives architecture to deliver on high service quality through self-healing, reliable services that require minimum manual intervention.
- Strives for continuous, automatic deployments of services with minimal disruptions of service quality for consumers and customers. Provides clear and smooth migration paths.
- Seeks out the root cause of incidents and inspires improvements in a blameless fashion.
- Designs services to offer self-service capabilities from the ground up.
- Considers operational costs even in early design stages and incorporates it as a factor into the decision-making process.
Required Candidate profile
- Actively identifies and reduces complexity in the software artifacts and inspires team members to do the same.
- Stimulates associates to look beyond the surface and fix the root causes rather than symptoms.
- Propagates a multi-layered approach to information security and brings potential attack vectors to the team's awareness.
- Understands the impact of partner enablement on the growth of the company and evolves products into a direction that supports this at scale.
- Reflects on how the organization works towards delivering value and actively improves processes within their department.
- Supports team management in prioritizing backlog items.
- Collaborates across teams to simplify software and services and resolve issues.
- Quantifies the value of refactoring opportunities and uses this for prioritization with other issue types.
- Shares innovative ideas with others and jointly develops prototypes and proofs or principles for demonstration.
- Is respected for their expert domain knowledge and broad technical skills within the portfolio and across some of Blue Yonder.
- Understands customer value through interaction with customers and project teams and slices/writes user stories accordingly to deliver value faster.
- Makes impediments transparent and helps others to overcome theirs.
- Intuitively understands the portfolio's problem domain and how it relates to specific products and neighboring portfolios.
- Quantifies how features impact the success of our customers to inform prioritization of issues and secure necessary budgets.
- Participates in company-wide workshops and discussions to standardize and improve our common technology stack
- Includes stakeholders as early and often as sensible to maximize the value delivered.
- Identifies short- and medium-term risks to the product and portfolio success, makes senior management aware of these, and provides practical risk mitigation options.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry: IT-Software / Software Services
Functional Area: IT Software - Application Programming, Maintenance
Role Category: System Design/Implementation/ERP/CRM
Role: Solution Architect / Enterprise Architect
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent